Sick Of Struggling With Food, Weight & Hating Your Body?
After a 40 year struggle with food, weighing over 300lbs & hating my body….I discovered the root cause of my food addiction & weight struggles & finally found a permanent solution!
Resources To Reach & Maintain A Healthy Weight For Life By Healing Childhood PTSD
The Resources Below Are An Ongoing Work In Progress On Specific Webinars, Books, Therapies & Treatments That Have Worked In Helping Me Heal My Eating Disorder, Maintain A 160lb Weight Loss For Over 15 Years, & Heal The Root Cause Of My Obesity, Which Is Childhood PTSD
New Webinar Launch Tuesday 7-17-18 7pm PST!
Permanent Weight Loss Formula:
Guiding Women To Reach & Maintain A Healthy Weight For Life
With Master Life Coach, Mary Giuliani
Permanent Weight Loss Formula is the most compassionate, supportive & effective program available that guides women in how to reach & maintain a healthy weight for life. The course is led by Master Life Coach, Speaker, and Transformational Talk Show Host, Mary Giuliani. Mary is the living embodiment of her brand since she has been maintaining a 160lb weight loss for over 15 years.
- Do you want to be more active, have more fun, and end the pain in your body, but can’t because of your weight?
- Do you struggle with preparing healthy meals, eating healthy in social situations or at restaurants, and getting regular exercise?
- Do you want to learn how to stop eating over stress, anxiety & depression?
- Do you need a sustainable weight loss plan & safe support system to be able to reach & maintain a healthy weight for life?
In this program you will gain access to:
- 8 Zoom one hour live group coaching sessions to plan, create and implement your weight loss & healthy lifestyle course goals (includes access to the recording of the presentations in case you missed any live sessions)
- Access to Mary’s one on one laser coaching support during the weekly Zoom calls to assist any students who have questions or who are facing challenges during the live call.
- Have the ability to check in each week with the group during each Zoom call to share wins or challenges and receive support.
- Access to a Dropbox folder of course notes, tools, resources and tracking systems recommended for students.
- Lifetime, daily access to a like-minded supportive community of women who are also in the Permanent Weight Loss Formula course via our private Facebook Group. The Facebook group is available on a daily basis to connect with and receive or give support to fellow course students in getting and staying on track toward reaching and maintaining a healthy weight for life.
By the end of this program you will:
1- Have a self-loving, sustainable food and exercise plan in place designed for you to reach and maintain a healthy weight for life.
2- Tools and tips on how to automate food preparation, making healthy choices in social situation or eating out & fun and easy ways to exercise.
3- Understanding the link between early childhood adversity & trauma, the resulting changes in brain development that can cause ongoing anxiety or depression, thereby driving the need to use food to cope, and how to heal.
4- Gain access to a built in on-going support system of like-minded women who are also committed to reaching and maintaining a healthy weight for life through our private Facebook group.
5- Learn the skills to deal with stress triggers, and the resulting emotional eating by learning to eliminate stressors, or use other healthier strategies to cope with stress other than food.
6- How to initiate and maintain safe, supportive relationships with like-minded friends who are also committed to a healthy weight and lifestyle.
7- Learning the art of radical self-care, setting healthy boundaries & raising your standards so you don’t need to medicate with food.
8- How to feel protected and safe in a smaller body.
9- How to cope with and get back on track when you face a set-back.
Who this program is for? This program is for women who want solve the core emotional, lifestyle, environmental and relationship issues driving their food and weight problems so they can reach and maintain a healthy weight for life.
Logistics: The classes start on Tuesday July 17th at 7pm PST, the 8 weekly classes will be online through Zoom calls. Facebook group is available 24/7 for support.
- 8 One Hour Coaching Calls with Recording: Value $400.00
- Lifetime FB Support Group with access to Mary and Students: Value $400.00
- Course Notes & Resources, Tracking Tools: Value $100.00
Total Value of All Course Components & Ongoing Support System: $900.00
8 Week Course Investment For A Healthy Happy Future : $397.00
50% Discount For Beta Course Students For The Initial 7-17-18 Class Only: $197.00 or 2 payments of $118.00
Guarantee: 30 day money back guarantee
Space Limited To 25 Women! If you would like to apply to be included in this webinar/support group or would like to receive updates on it, please contact me and indicate you would like to be considered for this webinar and I will be in touch.
If you are not sure if you would like to apply to be included in this webinar, please sign up for my email list so you can be the first to get webinar updates and details.
Additional Resources To Reach & Maintain A Healthy Weight For Life By Healing Childhood PTSD:
1. Get Educated About Developmental Trauma aka Childhood PTSD: I highly recommend you buy and read/or listen to on Audible: The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind & Body In The Healing of Trauma by Bessell Van der Kolk, M.D. This book was a GAME CHANGER for me. I had one epiphany after another reading this book. It has been the most influential book I have ever read on healing the root cause of my food addiction and obesity struggles (& I have read hundreds of books on healing food and addiction issues over the past three decades) as well as other trauma based struggles.
Reading this book has completely changed the trajectory of my life and has been the catalyst of enormous levels of healing and transformation for me. Therefore, if you read any book on healing childhood PTSD and/or healing eating disorders in my favorite book section, I highly recommend you read this one FIRST.
2. Take The ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences)Survey: In order to determine what level of risk you are at for other issues besides food or other addictions, you need to take this simple 10 question ACEs survey. This will give you more insight on how the level of stress you were exposed to in your early childhood has a direct relationship to food and substance addictions, stress and auto-immune illnesses, mental health as well as chronic pain as we get older.
The CDC along with Dr Vincent Felitti from Kaiser Permanente initially conducted the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACE Study) in 1998 and uncovered a stunning link between childhood trauma and the chronic diseases, addictions, & chronic pain people develop as adults, as well as social and emotional problems.
The first research results were published in 1998, followed by 57 other publications through 2011. They showed that: Childhood abuse, neglect and household dysfunction was very common, even in employed white middle-class, college-educated people with great health insurance
3. Discover and Choose Treatment Options To Heal Your Traumatized Brain, Body, Mind & Relationships:
I highly recommend you read: Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma: Calming the Fear-Driven Brain, by Sebern Fisher.
This book was highly recommended by Bessell van der Kolk, MD author of The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma. Dr. Van der Kolk highly touts neurofeedback to be one of, if not the most effective, evidence based treatment to re-wire, calm down, re-organize and therefore heal a traumatized brain.
This book completely blew my mind! It not only gave me a bird’s eye view to the gravity of developmental trauma, but it also gave me enormous hope for my own healing. Sebern Fisher shares through many case studies of clients with severe childhood trauma who were not making much, if any progress with traditional talk or somatic therapies, but once she added neurofeedback aka brain training to their treatment plan, she was amazed at how this widely unknown, but extremely effective brain training therapy actually re-wired and thereby healed their brains.
She shares many stories of how what seemed like hopeless, treatment resistant cases, of severely traumatized clients were able by getting regular neurofeedback treatments to be able to heal their brain, nervous systems, and relationships and were able to live out happy, healthy lives.
When I learned through reading Bessell van der Kolk MD’s, The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma and Seburn Fisher’s book:Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma: Calming the Fear-Driven Brain, that our brains are “command central”. Meaning every idea, choice, feeling, ability to focus, connect with others, ourselves, have impulse control, flows from the state (regulated or dysregulated) that our brains are in, I realized that optimizing my brain through neurofeedback needed to be my number one priority.
Therefore, I made optimizing my brain my first priority so that everything that flowed from my optimized brain could best help me on my journey with dealing with healing my developmental trauma and moving forward to creating a truly fulfilling, connected, organized and meaningful life.
After reading Seburn Fisher’s book, Neurofeedback in the Treatment of Developmental Trauma: Calming the Fear-Driven Brain it became obvious that using neurofeedback aka brain training to heal my anxious, dysregulated brain would give me the best chance at healing my food addiction, maintaining my 160lb weight loss for life, calming my anxiety, and help with all the various issues that come with having a traumatized brain, mind and body. It was then that I set out on finding a local neurofeedback practitioner.
Unfortunately none of the local neurofeedback practitioners (mostly psychologists) that I found even mentioned that they used neurofeedback for developmental trauma, childhood trauma or childhood PTSD with clients. The majority were using it for ADD or ADHD, or shock traumas (car accidents, rape, war ptsd, etc.) but none of them had a specialty for treating developmental trauma aka childhood PTSD with neurofeedback.
The risk of using a neurofeedback practitioner who is not versed in developmental trauma is that you can become re-traumatized since they are not “trauma informed” and can do more damage than good. Also, there are specific protocals and skills needed to work with our population. Therefore I would not recommend using a neurofeedback practitioner unless they have specific expertise in working with childhood PTSD aka developmental trauma and they are familiar with Seburn Fisher’s work.
Given that Seburn Fisher stated that it typically takes 100 or more neurofeedback sessions to get a brain with developmental trauma to re-wire and reset permanentaly to a naturally calm state, along with not finding any practitioners in my area that had any clue about working with developmental trauma, it was then that I decided to seek out purchasing my own neurofeedback system and get trained on how to use in on myself.
It was then that I found Pete and Karen at brain-trainer.com. I purchased their signature system. Using their signature neurofeedback system from brain-trainer.com has been a life changer for me in re-wiring my brain so I would highly recommend it. It has helped with dramatically improving my impulse control around resisting the urge to overeat, improved my ability to focus on initiating and completing creative projects (like this website and my work in help healing childhood PTSD), helped me sleep without meds, calmed my anxiety, helped me connect with myself, my body and other people, & has helped me get organized in every area of my life.
In addition, getting my brain re-wired and healed through neurofeedback has been key in my ability to successfully titrate off of 300mg of Effexor and 10 mg of Lexapro that I was on for 20 and 10 years respectively with little to no side effects! Therefore, as you can see it has been a game changer for me!
Karen and Pete at Brain Trainer have been so helpful in my brain training process. Karen is the actual person that walks you through the process of learning to use your system, and she is so patient, kind and helpful. Also, she is available on an ongoing basis with any questions you have via email forever at no additional charge!
Therefore if you are serious about healing your trauma at the root which is your brain, I would highly recommend checking out their signature neurofeedback system that has been a total game changer for me.
5. Heal Your Attachment Wounds So You Can Develop Securely Attached, Fulfilling Relationships
Since developmental trauma typically happens in the context of close family relationships, it is also referred to as relational trauma. Therefore along with addressing healing and calming down your hyper-aroused brain through neurofeedback or other body or somatic based therapies, we also have to address healing our attachment wounds aka relationship wounds.
One of the most influential leaders in attachment and trauma healing who through her various audio and online programs who has made a profound difference in helping me to heal my attachment wounds is Dr. Diane Poole Heller. I highly recommend checking out her programs
Emotional Neglect Healing: Another great resource for me in healing my emotional neglect wounds is Dr. Jonice Webb. Dr. Webb specializes in helping those of us whose trauma is based in “what didn’t happen” which is also known as emotional neglect. When our primary caregivers are anxious, depressed, addicted or otherwise not able to attune to us as infants and children, we experience trauma due to emotional neglect.
6. Check out all of the books that I have read on childhood trauma, attachment wounds and you will discover a treasure trove of amazing healing resources that I am so grateful to have found!
Stay Inspired & Keep on Track, & Find Out Who My Next Guest Is On Mary Giuliani Live, My Transformational Talk Show.
Sign Up Now, Get Show Updates, & My FREE Quiz On Being True To You!